Production sawing is used to cut carbon, stainless, and aluminum long products to custom lengths. Sawing tolerances are typically +/- 1/16”, with variations possible for different products and finished length.
In addition to straight cutting, O’Neal Steel offers miter standard and compound miter cutting. Miter saw cutting allows end users to order material in kit form and have cut-to-length and ready-to-weld pieces delivered to them.
Miter cutting is generally used for:
· Welding & fabrication
· Frames, tables & structural work
· Machine building
· Automation equipment
· Agriculture/Industrial equipment repair
Plasma cutting is generally used for a metal thickness of about ½” and can be used for the high quality cutting of carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminum.
BENEFITS OF PLASMA CUTTING SERVICES
The various benefits to standard and high definition plasma cutting are:
· Speed – The cutting and piercing speeds of plasma cutting are several times faster than that of oxy fuel cutting. Faster cutting increases productivity and satisfies customers more because it decreases the time taken to get parts delivered.
· Precision – O’Neal Steel’s plasma cutting services are incredibly accurate. Our expert operators can achieve some of the tightest tolerances in the industry, providing the best product possible.
· Versatility – Plasma cutting can be used to cut various types of metal such as carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum, copper and many more.
· Cost-Effectiveness – The speed, precision and versatility that come with O’Neal’s plasma cutting services is a very economical cutting method. It provides high definition and contour beveling capabilities to exact specifications at the lowest cost possible.
Plasma cutting is general used for materials in the following industries:
· Commercial Construction
· Liquid Fertilizer
STANDARD PLASMA CUTTING SPECIFICATIONS
Below are the standard specifications for high definition plasma cutting for aluminum, stainless steel and carbon steel.
Oxy fuel cutting, also known as flame cutting, is the most widely applied industrial thermal cutting processes. The process is used for cutting carbon plate from 5/8” through 12” thick and there are several fuel and nozzle design options that can greatly enhance cutting quality and speed. It is also cost effective because it can be used manually or mechanized.
O’Neal can cut parts from your drawings using DXF’s or manual programming.
THE OXY FUEL CUTTING PROCESS
A mixture of oxygen and the chosen fuel gas preheats the metal to its ignition temperature (which is well below its melting point). A jet of pure oxygen is guided into the preheated area, catalyzing an intense exothermic chemical reaction between the oxygen and the metal to create slag, or iron oxide. The oxygen jet then blows away this iron oxide, which allows the jet to pierce through the material and continue to cut through the metal.
For oxy fuel cutting to work, there are requirements that need to be met:
· The material’s ignition temperature must be lower than its melting point. If not, the material would melt before any flame cutting could be done.
· The oxide’s melting point must be lower than the melting point of the surrounding material to enable the oxygen jet to blow it away.
· The oxidation reaction between the jet and the metal must be adequate to maintain the ignition temperature.
· Small amounts of gaseous reaction products should be produce so that the cutting oxygen is not diluted in any way.
The most commonly used fuel gases for oxy fuel cutting are:
· MAPP (methylacetylene-propadiene)
· Natural gas
WHY OXY FUEL CUTTING?
Oxy fuel cutting brings much more than cost-effectiveness to the table. It provides high-quality cut and smooth, vertical planes of cut on material surfaces. The high heat input of the process allows carbonizing and hardening within the area of the heat affected.
Metal Shearing is metal fabricating process for cutting straight lines on flat metal stock.
The shearing process involves an upper and lower and blade forcing past one another, with a space between them predetermined by a required offset. It is a preliminary step in preparing stock for stamping or pressing processes, and is used for cutting sheet metal sized out of a larger stock, like a roll stock.
METAL SHEARING PROCESS ATTRIBUTES
· Provides ability to make straight line cuts on flat sheet stock
· Metal is placed between two blades: one upper and one lower blade. One of the blades will generally remain stationary.
· Takes places on a machine commonly called a power shear or a squaring shear. This machine can be operated manually or with hydraulic, electric or pneumatic power.
· Can cut relatively small lengths of material at a time because the shearing blades are able to be mounted at an angle. This reduces the overall shearing force needed for each project.
· It has a trademark production of burred and deformed metal edges.
O’Neal offers metal shearing services for carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminum sheet and plate products that are ½” or less in thickness. Re-squaring, which allows for tighter tolerances, is also available.
Laser cutting works by directing a high-power laser output through optics. O’Neal offers high quality steel laser cutting services to process sheets and plates of carbon steel , stainless steel and aluminum. Steel lasers are designed to guide the narrowest part of the beam precisely to provide a clean cut. In comparison to other flame cutting processes, laser cutting has the smallest heat afflicted cutting zone.
ADVANTAGES OF STEEL LASER CUTTING
· Built for the highest possible levels precision for high-quality, accurate cuts
· High cutting speed
· Minimal clean up
· Narrow kerf width
· Better edge quality
· Can cut complex shapes to fit customer needs
CNC forming using our CNC press brakes. CNC programming allows bend sequences to be computer programmed for consistent end products throughout your production run. Forming services are available for carbon, stainless steel, and aluminum products.
STEEL PROCESSING SERVICES
Cutting and forming processing services to provide you with the custom sizes or shapes required for your specific application. We offer:
Our staff is experienced in working with all types of metals and will provide you with metal products that meet your exact specifications. We can process quantities from short runs to full production runs. Whether you need a custom length for a tube component in your end product, or a custom sized steel plate for a stamping operation, we can provide you with the particular carbon, stainless or aluminum product you need.